Saturday, June 19, 2010

Building and re-building

I've decided the rebuild out here deserves its own spot for pics and progress.

Background:

Crystal and I are rebuilding the old '74 doublewide that's sat here for 10 years. At the present moment it's gutted with just a little more flooring to replace before starting to put the new walls in.

The property has been in my hands for about 12 years. 10 years ago the well and septic were put in and the doublewide moved out there. Laura and Crystal and I put on new insulation on the outside and siding along with windows and doors. Gene Shilling and Tim Vanderwerff helped me put in the framing for some new window and door holes. Greatly appreciated.

Flash forward to now. Crys and I are living in a 5th wheel (courtesy of my friend Kevin who sold us his rather tired old one) and putting the place together. We've hauled out three 20 yard roll off dumpsters and I have my trailer full at the moment. All the old interior walls and insulation, wiring and plumbing are out. Today we're finishing the flooring and starting on the walls. Christie is coming out to help.

The 5th wheel is powered by solar panels and I've borrowed a generator for power tools which we really need at this point. I'm having a spot of trouble pulling an electrical permit since we live in one county and our rural address is addressed in another. We struggle to get decent phone and internet though our friend Steph is gonna hook me up with an expert this week (we hope).

I can't say enough good about Saguache County and their land use office. They've been wonderful helpers. :D

Updates as we get to 'em. Welcome aboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment