Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Clearing out the clutter

We've been cleaning out the clutter for two reasons: one is because we have to before it eats us and the other is that as I get close to retirement we're not sure if we'll be here all the time, part of the time or sell the joint.

So what we're doing this week is cleaning out the shelf side of the battery building including the shelves. First we had to clean out the storage container, then rearrange everything that was left in the storage shed. After that we went through the battery building and hauled everything we could to the storage container. Following that I dismantled the shelves I built 9 years ago and cleaned up the room.




Now Crystal is working on destashing all her excess fiber stuff. So she spent today sorting and setting up for that.

I spent the day in the greenhouse, pulling everything out and then putting down weed barrier and hardware cloth to stop the rodents and the weeds. With any luck I'll get the roof vents installed this next weekend.



One of my less favorite things is cutting hardware cloth. It tends to be a little bit stabby. But I got it done, so now I can move on to building some infrastructure in there. That might well be kinda fun.






Updates as conditions warrant. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment