Saturday, June 9, 2018

Sunny, smoky Saturday

It's a smoky Saturday here. There are fires burning somewhere to the west and it's drifting up, high overhead. I guess the nice thing is that it's up high, and not down here in my lungs.

Crys went to her fiber thingy today and I decided to see what I might be able to get done around the place. I actually kinda surprised myself. Both Crys and I have a cold right now, it's not the most fun thing to beat yourself up when sick, but when else are you going to get to it? :D

So I worked mostly on the greenhouse today. Got a little work done in my shed as well but that's just because it dovetailed with the other bits.

I kept having to walk around this lazy ass, who has decided that sleeping under the rubarb is the best summer chill place ever.



I got the sides put on the entryway and the door put on today. Wasn't really sure how I was going to do it, but it kinda fell into place.

I did the sides first, lots of weird cuts and little support pieces to make sure our crazy winds don't tear the thing apart.





And then I had to shim the heck out of the handle side of the door. For some reason it had decided to bow out in the middle. No big. As long as there are plenty of shims everything comes out all right. :D



Between getting the side framed and the door on I decided it was time to clean up the job site. That's where I ended up hauling and tidying the shed a bit as well. MAN a lot of stuff collects while you're working on something like this! But now all the detritus is bagged for the dump, the good stuff is categorized and put away and the tools are in their proper places.

The fun part is waiting for the girl to get home while I have a nice beer and relax.

She has no idea that I got this far today. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment