Tuesday, June 12, 2018

A few days off

Doings around the place this week:

We started a Tony Horton dietbet. It's a thingy where you pay a few bucks and agree to lose 4% of your body weight. 

Of course I got ill in ways I usually don't immediately after the original weigh in. BONUS!!!! I'm already almost there. :D 

This led to me calling in sick yesterday and today, actually I went in yesterday morning but things took a bit of a ..... turn...... on the way in. Now I'm debating on if I should take off more time or not. I guess giving them back an entire year of sick leave at retirement isn't the smartest thing anyone ever did......

So we're chilling in the house. The smoke from the fires in Durango are making life a bit smaller. With really bad colds we're trying to not go outside too much and punish the lungs even more. And it gets a bit hot..... But today is beautiful and we might take a walk before the cloud moves in.

I start my new shift at work next week, noon to 8 PM and Tuesday to Saturday. I think I'll like it. It's certainly a different way to spend my last year and a half at work. 

I'm doing some shopping while I'm not moving around much. The solar powered exhaust vent for the greenhouse is on the way and Crys and I are planning a low level bathroom renovation before our company arrives. I ordered the new one piece toilet this morning. Damn there are a lot of choices for toilets.......

No pics just yet. We'll have to see what we get up to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment