Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Working towards summer


We've had visitors this week, our friend Aleina and our god daughter Ophelia. We love those guys, and they're lots of fun to have around. Still, on Sunday of the long weekend we had to get some stuff done. It was time to fit the polycarbonate onto the roof of the entryway for the greenhouse. I manage to do a little bit at a time. Next I think I'll work on some vents as it was 134 degrees in there on Sunday. That's a little warm I think.

While I was working on that Crystal decided that she needed to paint the mailbox. I've wanted that mailbox painted since I put up the post in '98. (That was a wife-time ago). Other things we got done: dropped of Papo's truck for the new motor. Midnight Customs will also check the clutch and tranny and safety stuff like the suspension. We also went to Caitlin's Greenhouse and got some plants for Crystal's outside garden.

Today I got a little bit bored and moved an old car that's in the way of our firewood pile. It was kinda fun. :D I got roped up, moved it 10 or 15 feet, cranked the steering wheel and bungied it in place. Then I'd move another 10 or 15 feet and repeat. I only had to go a 1/4 mile and around a curve and then back it in.

Piece of cake.

It's super dry here. We keep hoping for some rain.



No comments:

Post a Comment