Thursday, April 16, 2020

Moving forward an inch at a time

Well, the Pliny the Elder beer and the Kentucky Oatmeal Bourbon Coffee Stout and happily in their secondaries and getting prepped. In the meantime I've made a car trip and picked up some beer "stuff" that will make our beer drinking a bit more fun. I lucked into a batch of beer equipment. Some of it is a little better than what I had, and it included kegs. So my buddy and I have purchased a kegerator (it's still on the way) along with a few other bits and pieces that we'll end up needing as we move forward.

So we'll have draft beer for 2 kegs at at time in the house.

pray for us

Also I've been working on the greenhouse like a crazy person. At this point the grow beds are all built and I've cleaned up the construction mess along with making the space useable. The topsoil/grow dirt is ordered and will be here in less than a week. I'll take pics when we get the dirt in there. It's been fun, a little hot, and a bit more work and figuring than I originally planned. But we're pretty close to planting stuff.

I've also ordered tires for my pickup, rewired the trailer lights on almost every thing, and continued cleaning up around here.

It feels good to get some stuff done.

We're still hoping to get to go to our sailboat docking class in May. We shall see.

In the meantime I'll keep brewing beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment